NANOTECHNOLOGYNanotechnology is the ultimate technology of the 21st century. It creates completely new possibilities in all sorts of areas, by creating new products with new and unique properties.
WHAT IS NANOTECHNOLOGY?
All materials on earth are made of combinations of about one hundred different atoms. When variations are brought about in the structure of atoms, countless variations of existing products can be created.
Nanotechnology is the technique, which enables working with particles in the order of nano metres (one millionth of a millimetre), which is just above the scale of atoms and simple molecules (0.060 nm to 0.275 nm).
‘Nano’ is a size invisible to the eyes. Criterion is that a structure is at least 100 nano metres in size. To make clear the impact of nano technology, a simple definition will not be sufficient. Only concrete applications of the technique will show the reach of the subject.
THE LOTUS EFFECT
On smooth surfaces water drops slide over dirt particles and easily removes these. It ‘pearls’ off the surface. This is what is called the lotus effect.
Because of the structure of the coatings based on nanotechnology, pollutants and moisture cannot adhere to the treated surface anymore. The coatings are extremely water and oil repellent. Because pollutants cannot adhere anymore to the surfaces, the surfaces will be easily cleaned with simple, mild cleaning agents and water.
Some benefits of nanotechnology
- Optimal cleaning
- Ideal protection
- Extends the lifespan of materials
- Improves the quality of existing materials and surfaces
- A treated surface will be 100% water, oil and acid repellent
- No impact on the appearance of the material
- Greater resistance against wear and tear
- Greater elasticity
- Chemical and thermal resistant
- Hardness 3 to 4 on the Diamond scale
- High UV stability
- Heat and cold stability from minus 190 Celsius to plus 250 Celsius
- Pressure resistant up to 80 bar
- Antibacterial properties
- Scratch resistant
- Filling of existing fissures (3D effect)
- Resistant against calcium deposits
- Environmentally friendly
- Savings on cleaning agents
- Savings on cleaning time (labour saving from 40-60%)
- Protection of any kind of surface
- Easily cleaned
- Enhanced visual aspect of the surface
- Antibacterial properties
Some of the objective targets:
- Stone & Concrete: facades, stucco, roof tiles, floors, granite, marble
- Glass: facades, solar panels, car windows/windscreens, conservatory glass, (roof) windows, mirrors
- Wood: balconies, fences, banisters, floors, garden furniture, decks
- Textile: clothing, tents
- Metal: stainless steel, copper, zinc, chrome, aluminium
- Synthetic materials: window frames, campers, caravans
- Ceramic: glazed tiles, bathroom tiles
- Graffiti prevention
- Fire prevention
- Concrete enhancement, prevention of concrete cancer
Nano products have unique qualities, which are not present in either the organic or inorganic compounds themselves. Our products have these unique capacities like excellent flexibility, mechanical strength, thermal stability and chemical resistance.
H2A Solutions BV products are environmentally safe products, without heavy metals. All our products comply with the European REACH regulations.
By applying nano technology, materials will be protected long-term against pollutants and water damage. Our coatings and impregnation products are the optimal solution to negative environmental and other external influences.